There is no assurance that a unit investment trust will achieve its investment objective.
What does UIT stand for?
UIT stands for Unit Investment Trust
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UIT
We have 33 other meanings of UIT in our Acronym Attic
- União Internacional das Telecomunicações (Portugal)
- Unidades Impositivas Tributarias (Spanish: Tax Unit)
- Union des Industries Textiles (French: Textile Industries Union; France)
- Unión Internacional de Telecomunicaciones (Spanish: International Telecommunication Union)
- Union Internationale de Tir (International Shooting Union; now ISSF)
- Union Internationale des Télécommunications
- Unione Internazionale delle aziende di Telecomunicazione
- Unione Internazionale delle Telecomunicazione
- Unique Item Tracking
- Unit Integration Test (software assessment)
- University of Information Technology (US Army Signal School, Ft Gordon, GA, USA)
- Urban Improvement Trust (India)
- Using Information Technology (textbook)
- Uniform Income Trusts Act (Canada)
- Union Internationale des Travailleurs de l'Alimentation et des Branches Connexes (International Food Workers and Related Branches Union)
- Union Internationale des Travailleurs de l'alimentation, de l'agriculture, de l'hôtellerie-Restauration, du Tabac et des Branches Connexes
- Union of International Technical Associations (est. 1951)
- Utah Information Technology Association
- Utah Information Technology Association (professional group)
- Union Internationale des Syvdicats des Travailleurs du Baliment du Bois et des Materials de Construction (French: Trade Unions International of Workers of the Building Materials Industries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Veronica Williams New York First, let me explain what a unit investment trust is.
Unit investment trusts are similar to mutual funds, except that they maintain a fixed portfolio of stock or other securities.
Claymore entities have provided supervision, management, servicing or distribution on over $14 billion in assets through closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds, unit investment trusts, mutual funds and separately managed accounts in the U.
com/cgi-bin/prnh/19991117/FITBLOGO ) The Medical Discovery Unit Investment Trust purchases a fixed portfolio of approximately 30 common stocks of health care companies such as Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Johnson & Johnson, Eli Lilly & Company and Schering-Plough Corporation.
Unit investment trusts a way to play risky sectors When you invest in a traditional mutual fund, the next chapter of the story may be "here today, gone tomorrow.
Great American Advisors is a full-service investment firm organized to support a nationwide network of investment professionals and their clients through a complete line up of financial products, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, unit investment trusts and insurance products.
com/cgi-bin/prnh/19991117/FITBLOGO ) The Financial Services Unit Investment Trust purchases a fixed portfolio of approximately 30 common stocks of financial services companies such as Fannie Mae, American Express, Charles Schwab and Bank of New York.