On paper, the idea made sense: Raynor and the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees had money — and the countryÕs only union-owned bank — but fewer workers to organize in the shrinking textile industry.
What does UNITE stand for?
UNITE stands for Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNITE
We have 21 other meanings of UNITE in our Acronym Attic
- Unified Task Force (US DoD)
- Union Intersyndicale des Fabricants d'Articles pour La Table, Le Ménage et Activités Connexes (French: International Association of the Manufacturers of Items for Tables, Households, and Other Activities)
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research
- Universiti Teknologi Tun Abdul Razak
- Annual US - South American Allied Exercise
- Unión Nacional de Instituciones Para El Trabajo de Acción Social (Spanish: National Union of Institutions of Social Work)
- United International Antisubmarine Warfare
- Units Battlefield Roll-Up
- UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) National Industry Team
- Uninitiated Introduction To Engineering
- University Networked Interdisciplinary Training and Education
- Urban Network to Improve Teacher Education
- User Network for Information Technology in Education
- Unisec Technology Experiment Carrier (student spacecraft; Japan)
- Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (University of Honduras)
- Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico
- Universidad Tecnológica del Centro (University of Venezuela)
- Unión de Transportistas Terrestres de Guatemala (Union of Guatemalan Earth Workers)
- University of Tenaga Nasional
- Uncertainties and Interdisciplinary Transfers Through the End-to-end System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees was the only industrial union to back Edwards during the primary, and its president, Bruce Raynor, called picking Edwards as a running mate "a tremendous boon for the Southeastern textile industry and its workers.
Driven by grievances of unpaid and forced overtime, discrimination and unsafe working conditions, she and her fellow workers are engaged in a campaign to join UNITE, the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees.
Some background: In 2004, the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees, known as Unite, and the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union, known as Here, merged into one union.
LAS VEGAS, July 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees [UNITE] ended its Second Constitutional Constitution today with an ambitious plan to build power and a commitment to organize thousands of new workers annually for the next four years.
has agreed to accept its workers' vote in favor of the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE) at six of its Fieldcrest Cannon plants in this area.
The consortium involves the Labor Department, the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees, and the Clothing Manufacturers Association, which represents about 200 makers of men's suits.
6, 2002 In testimony this morning before the Senate, Bruce Raynor, President of the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE), called Enron executives who bilked retirees out of billions in life savings the "People's Crooks.