In addition to the ruling, center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, party, others that already registered include the Community of Democratic Forces, ODS, the Radical Party, the nationalist VMRO, the Bulgarian Democratic Forum, the Roma party Evroroma, and the Union of Free Democrats, SSD, of former Mayor of Sofia, Stefan Sofiyanski, who is entering again the mayoral race, among others, along with several regional and business parties such as LIDER of energy mogul, with a suspended sentence for tax evasion, Hristo Kovachki, Middle European Class and Liberal Alliance, respectively from the Black Sea cities of Burgas and Varna.
What does UFD stand for?
UFD stands for Union of Free Democrats (Bulgaria)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UFD
We have 41 other meanings of UFD in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Fiber Continuity Tester
- Ukrainian Federal Credit Union (various locations)
- Ulster Federation of Credit Unions (UK)
- University Federal Credit Union
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine (Gainesville, FL)
- United Food and Commercial Workers
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union
- Union des Forces Démocratiques (French: Union of Democratic Forces; various locations)
- Union of Democratic Forces (Republic of the Congo)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recent history has taught that oblivion, or something very like it, awaits minority rightwing parties that try that route--as happened with the party of Sofia former mayor Stefan Sofianski, the Union of Free Democrats.
Until 2003, when he founded his own party, the Union of Free Democrats (UFD), Sofiyanski was an emblematic figure in the Union of Democratic Forces, the major anti-communist and pro-Western Bulgarian party of the 1990s.