October 4, 2010 (KHARTOUM) -- Sudan is holding talks with the Chadian rebel about their armed presence in the country, told the AFP the spokesperson of the rebel Union of Forces of Resistance (UFR) on Monday.
What does UFR stand for?
UFR stands for Union of Forces of Resistance (Chad)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UFR
We have 38 other meanings of UFR in our Acronym Attic
- Ultra Fast Ramp (semiconductor manufacturing)
- Ultra Fast Rendering (printing)
- Ultrafiltration Rate (kidney dialysis)
- Umbilicals, Flowlines & Risers (engineering, surface facilities)
- Unbiased Forward Rate (international finance, exchange rates)
- Under-Frequency Relay
- Unfinanced Requirement
- Unfunded Requirements
- Uniform Financial Statement and Independent Auditor's Report
- Union Française des Retraités (French: French Union of Retirees)
- Union of Republican Forces (Guinea)
- Unit Failure Rate
- Unité de Formation et de Recherche (French universities research and teaching unit)
- Université François-Rabelais (French university)
- Unmeasured Flow Reducer (water supply device)
- Upon Further Review
- Upper Fuser Roller
- Upper Fuser Roller (copier component)
- Urea Formaldehyde Resin
Samples in periodicals archive:
The government of Chad made contact with the UFR (the Union of Forces of Resistance, a grouping of the main rebel factions) through an intermediary in Sudan," UFR spokesman Abderaman Koulamallah said of Thursday's encounter.
The MN leader Ahmat Hassaballah Soubiane, was part of the rebel coalition based in Sudan but splinted from the Union of Forces of Resistance after the appointment of Timane Erdimi as chairman of the UFR, last year.
Chadian rebels from the Union of Forces of Resistance (UFR) claimed several civilians were killed during raids inside Chad on Thursday, but this was not possible to verify.
Also, the rebel Union of Forces of Resistance accused the Chadian air force of attacking two villages in the southeastern Chadian region of Tissi near the Sudanese border on Thursday morning.
We targeted the (rebel) Union of Forces of Resistance and not Sudanese villages," government spokesman Mahamat Hissene told AFP, adding the raids were in eastern Chad near the Sudan border.
Meanwhile the Chadian rebel Union of Forces of Resistance (UFR) claimed the Chadian air force attacked two villages in the southeastern Chadian region of Tissi on Thursday morning, across the border from Western Darfur.
About 50 pick-up trucks bearing the logo of the rebel Union of Forces of Resistance (UFR) were parked in Independence Square, in the capital Ndjamena, where many residents came to see those and the captured weaponry.