This was a result of reduced revenues and higher expenses related to serious congestion on portions of the merged Union Pacific-Southern Pacific Railroad.
What does UPSP stand for?
UPSP stands for Union Pacific-Southern Pacific (railroads)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UPSP
We have 1 other meaning of UPSP in our Acronym Attic
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- University Preparatory Science and Math (Detroit, MI)
- Under-Pressure Shut Off (gas supply valve)
- Unité de Production Sud-Ouest (French: South West Production Unit)
- University of Pretoria Symphony Orchestra (South Africa)
- Uttar Pradesh State Observatory (India)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (usually seen as UPSM)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- University Placement Services of Turkey
- Universidad Privada San Pedro (Chimbote, Peru)
- Universidad Politecnica Salesiana Quito (Ecuadorian university)
- Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (Primary School Assessment Test)
- Ukrainian Party of Socialist Revolutionaries
- Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (SONET)
- Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation
- Underground Petroleum Storage System
- Uninterrupted Power Supply System
- Unisys Payment Services and Solutions (Netherlands)
- United Postal Stationery Society (est. 1945)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THEY OBJECT: The Agriculture, Justice and Transportation departments objected to the proposed Union Pacific-Southern Pacific railroad merger on grounds it would reduce competition and raise prices.
14, 1998--The Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company (BNSF) (NYSE:BNI) began direct service between Little Rock and Pine Bluff utilizing trackage rights gained following approval of the Union Pacific-Southern Pacific merger.
BACKGROUND ON UNION PACIFIC-SOUTHERN PACIFIC MERGER AND CONRAIL'S OFFER FOR SOUTHERN PACIFIC EASTERN LINE The Proposed Union Pacific/Southern Pacific Merger:
The Railroad Commission's unanimous vote supported an independent economic report by the University of North Texas, which concludes that the Union Pacific-Southern Pacific merger as proposed would have a detrimental effect on the State.