The mission team comprises representatives from leading journalists rights and press freedom organisations including the IFJ, the Southeast Asia Press Alliance (SEAPA), the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), Indonesias Alliance of Independent Journalists (AJI), Australias Media Entertainment & Arts Alliance, the Thai Journalists Association (TJA), International News Safety Institute (INSI), International Media Support (IMS), the Institute for Studies on the Free Flow of Information (ISAI) and Union Network International (UNI).
What does UNI stand for?
UNI stands for Union Network International (international trade union organisation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNI
We have 13 other meanings of UNI in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Newborn Hearing Screening and Intervention
- Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Program (various locations)
- Ultra Nano Hardness Tester
- Ultra High Net Worth (finance)
- Ente Nationale Italiano di Unificazione (Italian standards body)
- Unidirectional (ANSI)
- Unión Nacional Independiente (National Independent Union; Guatemala)
- Union Nationale pour l'Independance (French: Union for National Independence, New Caledonia)
- Uniroyal (tire company)
- Unitarian (Church)
- United News of India
- United Nuclear Industries
- United Nurses International
- Unity Railways Company
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria (Spanish: National University of Engineering; Peru)
- Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (Spanish: National University of Engineering; Peru)
- Universidade Independente (Lisboa; Portugal)
Samples in periodicals archive:
John Pedersen of Union Network International Europe added: "Ten years of postal liberalisation in Europe has so far meant fewer post offices, fewer postal outlets, fewer mail boxes and longer distances to access the post - all contrary to EU promises.
The case of the Wackenhut workers at the IMF is part of a complaint filed by the Union Network International with the OECD that details how Group 4 Securicor (and its subsidiaries) violate OECD guidelines including ILO standards to respect the right to organize and bargain collectively.
The delegates will also hear from guest speaker Billy Hayes, president of the Union Network International (UNI), a global federation comprising more than 900 affiliated unions in 140 countries, as well as AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka.
The alliance is made up of G4S workers who are members of unions around the world brought together by Union Network International (UNI) Property Services Global Union.
The actions are being coordinated by the global union, Union Network International (UNI).
Organised by Swiss-based Union Network International, the officials told how the glamorous image of the dotcom industry masks the horror suffered by the workers who are its real backbone.
CHICAGO -- News From USW: Representatives of 11 labor unions from 10 nations on four continents met last week with staff and leaders of Union Network International (UNI), a global union federation, to form an international network of Kimberly-Clark (K-C) workers.