Dow denies any responsibility for the accident that activists say killed up to 25,000 people in the aftermath of the leak at a pesticides factory then owned by Union Carbide India Limited, a subsidiary of Union Carbide.
What does UCIL stand for?
UCIL stands for Union Carbide India Limited
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UCIL
We have 5 other meanings of UCIL in our Acronym Attic
- Uniting Church Investment Fund (Uniting Church in Australia; Western Australia, Australia)
- Uniform Consumer Information Guide (Minnesota Department of Health)
- Union County Interagency Group (Georgia)
- University Centre for International Humanitarian Law (Geneva)
- Ukrainian Centre for International Integration
- University of Cincinnati Infrastructure Institute (Ohio)
- Unione Cattolica Italiana Insegnanti Medi (Italian: Catholic Union of Italian Secondary School Teachers)
- United Congregation of Israelites in Jamaica (Jewish community)
- Uberior Co-Investments Limited (UK)
- Uganda Crop Industries Limited (est. 1993)
- Uranium Corporation of India Ltd.
- An t-Údarás um Chosaint Iascaigh Mhara (Irish Sea Fisheries Protection Authority)
- Un Corso in Miracoli (Italian: A Course in Miracles)
- Unione Cacciatori Italiani Migratoristi (Italian: Italian Migratory Hunters Union; Italy)
- United Church in Meadowood (Winnipeg, MB, Canada)
- Universal Communication Interface Module (USMC)
- User-Centric Identity Management (interface system)
- Unione Costruttori Italiani Macchine Automatiche per il Confezionamento e l'Imballaggio (Italian Association of Automatic Packing and Packaging Machinery Manufacturers)
- University of California at Irvine Medical Center (Orange, CA)
- Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chauhan, a former official of the Union Carbide India Limited ( UCIL), said a large amount of chemicals was produced from December 1979 to December 1984 at the factory.
The two-year sentence delivered last week excluded Anderson, but implicated seven Indian executives from Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL), as the company is known at present.
9 percent interest in Union Carbide India Limited to McLeod Russel (India), Ltd.
9 percent interest in Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL).
Carbide, the multibillion dollar multinational based in Danbury, Connecticut, has always maintained that operation and responsibility for the Bhopal plant resided solely with its Indian affiliate, Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL), which was 50.
HOUSTON -- A federal court in New York yesterday unambiguously concluded that Union Carbide Corporation (UCC) is not liable for any environmental remediation or pollution-related claims made by residents near the Bhopal plant site in India, which was formerly owned and operated by Union Carbide India Limited (an entity once owned by UCC).
The Bhopal disaster occurred on the night of December 2-3, 1984 at the Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL) pesticide plant in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.