We report the case of a 54-year-old woman who presented for evaluation of deterioration in her voice and swallowing function, which had begun after she had undergone a medialization laryngoplasty for unilateral vocal fold paralysis.
What does UVFP stand for?
UVFP stands for Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of UVFP in our Acronym Attic
- University Venture Fund (student investment)
- Unverified Failure
- UTI (Unit Trust of India) Venture Funds (India)
- Utah Valley Football Conference
- Upperville Volunteer Fire Department (Upperville, Virginia)
- Umpqua Valley Fly Fishers (Roseburg, OR)
- Universal Variable Fudge Factor
- Urban Visionaries Film Festival (New York, NY)
- Utah Valley Football League
- Urban Village Farmers' Market Association (Fremont, California)
- umbilical venous flow amount and velocity
- Ultimate Video Games
- Ultra Video Gallery (software)
- Universal Voice Grade (telephone switch ports)
- Universidad del Valle de Guatemala (University of the Valley of Guatemala)
- Ultra Video Graphics Array
- Urban Video Game Academy (Baltimore, MD)
- United Voices Gospel Choir
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation
- Underground Videogaming International
Samples in periodicals archive:
While most people's vocal folds tolerate the asymmetry very well, the degree of asymmetry becomes especially important in speech pathologies where tissue stiffness is affected by diseases such as unilateral vocal fold paralysis.
The principal symptoms of unilateral vocal fold paralysis are hoarseness and difficulty in swallowing.
Clinically, parathyroid carcinoma should be suspected when any of three conditions are observed: severe hypercalcemia (>14 mg/dl), a cervical mass in a hypercalcemic patient, or hypercalcemia associated with unilateral vocal fold paralysis.
Evaluation of vocal function in unilateral vocal fold paralysis following thyroplastic surgery.
This is only the second known case of a thyroid abscess causing reversible unilateral vocal fold paralysis.
Designed to treat unilateral vocal fold paralysis, this new system is standardized, eliminating the time-consuming process of customizing implants at the time of surgery.