She reported on a prospective, consecutive case series involving 100 private and clinic patients in which this method was used over a 3-year period for fascial closure of total laparoscopic hysterectomies; bilateral or unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy where the port site was more than 12 mm to remove the specimen using an endocatch bag; and any robotic surgery where the ports are generally more than 8 mm.
What does USO stand for?
USO stands for Unilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy (surgical procedure)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of USO
We have 52 other meanings of USO in our Acronym Attic
- United States National Vegetation Classification
- University of the State of New York
- University Sport New Zealand
- Ultra Stable Oscillator
- Under Secretary of the Navy's Office (US Navy)
- Undercover Special Operations
- Unidentified Sliding Object (vehicle)
- Unidentified Submarine Object
- Unidentified Submersible Object
- Unidentified Superconducting Object
- Unión Sindical Obrera (Spanish: Workers Syndical Union; Spain)
- Union Sportive Orléans (French sports organization)
- Union Sportive Oyonnax (French sports organization)
- Unique Sink Orientation
- Unit Security Officer
- United Service Organizations (provides morale, welfare and recreation-type services to US uniformed military personnel)
- United Solar Ovonic (various locations)
- United Stars Organisation (science fiction)
- United States Oil Fund (stock symbol)
- United States Open
Samples in periodicals archive:
If preservation of fertility is desired and the carcinoma is limited to the ovary, unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy or strumectomy is suggested; otherwise, total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy are typically performed.
[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] Based upon these findings, the patient underwent laparotomy for tumor resection and unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.