INTRODUCTION The 2000 Uniform Vehicle Code and Model Traffic Ordinance define a crosswalk as "any portion of a roadway at an intersection or elsewhere distinctly indicated for pedestrian crossing by lines or other markings on the surface.
What does UVC stand for?
UVC stands for Uniform Vehicle Code
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UVC
We have 42 other meanings of UVC in our Acronym Attic
- Union Volksbank Vöcklamarkt (Austrian soccer club)
- Unterduck-Verdampfer-Brunnen (system used to treat contaminated groundwater)
- Uterine Venous Blood
- Upper Valley Business and Education Partnership (Hanover, NH)
- Umbilical Vein Blood Flow
- United Veterans Beacon House (Pennsylvania)
- Ultraviolet Bremsstrahlung Isochromat Spectroscopy
- Un-precoded Vertical Bell Laboratories Layered Space-Time Architecture
- Ultraviolet C
- Umbilical Venous Catheter
- Unit Voting Counselor
- Universal Virtual Computer
- Universal Viscosity Curve
- Universal Voice Channel
- Urban Voice in Comics (magazine)
- USB Video Class
- Uniform Victims of Crime Act (drafted 1992 by National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws)
- Utah Volleyball Coaches Association
- Chemical Substances of Unknown or Variable Composition, Complex Reaction Products and Biological Materials (US EPA)
- Unknown, of Variable Composition, or of Biological Origin
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1923 club attorneys drafted the Uniform Vehicle Code.
To overcome the problem, the Uniform Vehicle Code and most state codes require both drivers and pedestrians to abstain from exercising their right when there is a danger of collision.