To assist with the issues presented by proper investment and appropriate distribution of trust assets, many states have adopted variations of two Uniform Laws: the Uniform Prudent Investor Act and the Uniform Principal and Income Act.
What does UPIA stand for?
UPIA stands for Uniform Prudent Investor Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UPIA
We have 2 other meanings of UPIA in our Acronym Attic
- Upper Plenum Injection
- Useless Piece of Information
- User Payload Identifier
- User Program Interface
- Uteroplacental Insufficiency (pregnancy risk factor)
- Utilities, Power, and Infrastructure
- Unread Post Information 2 Database
- UML (Unified Modeling Language) Profile-Based Integrated Architecture
- Uniform Penalty and Interest Act (Illinois)
- Uniform Principal and Income Act
- United Press International Acquisition Corp.
- University of Pittsburgh Institute on Aging (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Unknown Phenomena Investigation Association
- UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) Phenomena International Annual Review (Italy)
- Union of the Physically Impaired Against Segregation (UK)
- Universal Payment Identification Code (banking)
- Universal Promotional Identification Code
- University Public Issues Committee (Evanston, IL)
- Uttar Pradeshies in Canada (est. 2014)
- UNIDROIT (International Institute for the Unification of Private Law) Principles of International Commercial Contracts
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ah, but here the trick is to determine what service providers qualify as such The Uniform Prudent Investor Act has much to say on this, and what is says, in essence, is that a professional investment adviser must be a fiduciary.
75% of the trust portfolio specifically related to managing a portfolio when its duty to diversify a portfolio under the Uniform Prudent Investor Act is being overridden.
With that as backdrop, the principles of the new Prudent Investor Law (as found in the American Law Institute's 1992 Restatement of the Third Law) is introduced to readers, followed by a model state law, the Uniform Prudent Investor Act, put forth by the National Conference of Commissioners on Un iform State Laws.
The Uniform Prudent Investor Act was promulgated in 1994 by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws and is thereby recommended by N.
SFS also helps clients comply with the Uniform Prudent Investor Act (UPIA), the Uniform Principal and Income Act (UPAIA), and the Uniform Trust Act (UTA).
The petitioner specifically argued that Connecticut's Uniform Prudent Investor Act required him to seek professional investment advice (Conn.
The fiduciary practices are based on the Fiduciary360 publication: Prudent Practices for Investment Stewards and are substantiated by legislation, case law and regulatory opinion letters from the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Uniform Prudent Investor Act (UPIA), Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA) and the Uniform Management of Public Employee Retirement Systems Act (MPERS) in the U.