75% of the trust portfolio specifically related to managing a portfolio when its duty to diversify a portfolio under the Uniform Prudent Investor Act is being overridden.
What does UPIA stand for?
UPIA stands for Uniform Prudent Investor Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UPIA
We have 2 other meanings of UPIA in our Acronym Attic
- Upper Plenum Injection
- Useless Piece of Information
- User Payload Identifier
- User Program Interface
- Uteroplacental Insufficiency (pregnancy risk factor)
- Utilities, Power, and Infrastructure
- Unread Post Information 2 Database
- UML (Unified Modeling Language) Profile-Based Integrated Architecture
- Uniform Penalty and Interest Act (Illinois)
- Uniform Principal and Income Act
- United Press International Acquisition Corp.
- University of Pittsburgh Institute on Aging (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Unknown Phenomena Investigation Association
- UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) Phenomena International Annual Review (Italy)
- Union of the Physically Impaired Against Segregation (UK)
- Universal Payment Identification Code (banking)
- Universal Promotional Identification Code
- University Public Issues Committee (Evanston, IL)
- Uttar Pradeshies in Canada (est. 2014)
- UNIDROIT (International Institute for the Unification of Private Law) Principles of International Commercial Contracts
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the passage of the Uniform Prudent Investor Act in the mid1990s, trustees' fiduciary duties are held to a higher standard than under previous law.
The fiduciary practices are based on the Fiduciary360 publication: Prudent Practices for Investment Stewards and are substantiated by legislation, case law and regulatory opinion letters from the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Uniform Prudent Investor Act (UPIA), Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA) and the Uniform Management of Public Employee Retirement Systems Act (MPERS) in the U.
The Uniform Prudent Investor Act was promulgated in 1994 by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws and is thereby recommended by N.
SFS also helps clients comply with the Uniform Prudent Investor Act (UPIA), the Uniform Principal and Income Act (UPAIA), and the Uniform Trust Act (UTA).
The petitioner specifically argued that Connecticut's Uniform Prudent Investor Act required him to seek professional investment advice (Conn.
And the AICPA's Prudent Investment Practices Handbook codifies these sources, as well as relevant court cases and the Uniform Prudent Investor Act.
The core of the Uniform Prudent Investor Act is the new definition of the standards of prudence for a trust investor -- the so-called "Prudent Investor Rule.