The enhanced version being shown at this week's Optical Fiber Communication (OFC) conference incorporates such new software as unidirectional path switched ring (UPSR) and simple network management protocol (SNMP).
What does UPSR stand for?
UPSR stands for Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (SONET)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UPSR
We have 3 other meanings of UPSR in our Acronym Attic
- University of Pretoria Symphony Orchestra (South Africa)
- Uttar Pradesh State Observatory (India)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (usually seen as UPSM)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- University Placement Services of Turkey
- Union Pacific-Southern Pacific (railroads)
- Universidad Privada San Pedro (Chimbote, Peru)
- Universidad Politecnica Salesiana Quito (Ecuadorian university)
- Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (Primary School Assessment Test)
- Ukrainian Party of Socialist Revolutionaries
- Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation
- Underground Petroleum Storage System
- Uninterrupted Power Supply System
- Unisys Payment Services and Solutions (Netherlands)
- United Postal Stationery Society (est. 1945)
- Universal Parcel Shipping Software
- Usual Principal and Subsidiary Status (Ministry of Labour; India)
- University of Puget Sound Security Services
- University of the Philippines Soil Science Society
- Uniting Parents, Students, and Teachers to Accomplish Great Endeavors
Samples in periodicals archive:
The FAA selected a Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (UPSR) based network at LAX as part of the FAA airport modernization program.
The 3500 supports Unidirectional Path Switched Rings (UPSR) for circuit traffic protection and ATM virtual path and PNNI routing for ATM traffic protection.
The device can be configured for 1+1 protected, Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (UPSR) or unprotected network applications through a dual optical network interface.
The Cisco ONS 15600 is interoperable with our existing Cisco ONS 15454 Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (UPSR), as well as our Bidirectional Line Switched Ring (BLSR) architectures.
The survivable ring technology, used to implement Unidirectional Path Switched Rings (UPSR), is part of Telcordia's portfolio of Optical Networking patents.
It is the only product that is fully interoperable with our existing Cisco ONS 15454 network for Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (UPSR) and Bidirectional Line Switched Rings (BLSR).
Recently announced enhancements include Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (UPSR) support for increased network survivability and the addition of temperature hardening capabilities to allow the FLASHWAVE 4010 device to operate in temperatures from -40 to 65 degrees C (-40 to 149 degrees F).