For instance, rules issued by independent regulatory agencies are not covered under the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995.
What does UMRA stand for?
UMRA stands for Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UMRA
We have 10 other meanings of UMRA in our Acronym Attic
- Unsatisfactory Material Reports
- Upper Mississippi River
- Urban Market Research (various locations)
- Urban Mobility Report
- Urgent Materiel Release
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Mobile Broadband Router (computing)
- Woomera, South Australia, Australia - Woomera (Airport Code)
- Upper Mississippi River-Illinois Waterway
- Upper Mississippi River-Illinois Waterway System Navigation Study
- uk.media.radio.archers (newsgroup)
- Unión Militar Republicana Antifascista (Spanish: Republican Anti-Fascist Military Union)
- United Methodist Residential Alternatives, Inc.
- United Midget Racing Association
- Upper Midwest Rechargers Association
- User Management Resource Administrator
- Upper Midwest Rock Art Research Association
- University of Missouri Research Board
- Upper Mississippi River Basin
- Upper Mississippi River Basin Association (St. Paul, MN)
- Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument (Montana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These steps include preparation of a cost-benefit analysis, where required, and compliance with the Regulatory Flexibility Act, the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995, the Administrative Procedure Act, the Paperwork Reduction Act, and Executive Order No.
Both state and local leaders and federal lawmakers would likely agree that the enactment of the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995 was landmark legislation because, at the very least, it encouraged Congress to think differently about intergovernmental relations.
Additionally, the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995 requires EPA to prepare a written statement identifying the costs and benefits of federal mandates contained in certain regulations.
NCSL is launching a renewed campaign against unfunded federal mandates, the first such campaign since the enactment of the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995.
GAO-05-454 March 31, 2005 The Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995 (UMRA) was enacted to address concerns about federal statutes and regulations that require nonfederal parties to expend resources to achieve legislative goals without being provided federal funding to cover the costs.
On March 22, President Clinton signed into law the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995.
GAO-04-637 May 12, 2004 The Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995 (UMRA) was enacted to address concerns about federal statutes and rules that require state, local, and tribal governments or the private sector to expend resources to achieve legislative goals.