1] NCHS Compressed mortality file: underlying cause of death, 1979 to 2006; http://wonder.
What does UCOD stand for?
UCOD stands for Underlying Cause of Death
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UCOD
We have 1 other meaning of UCOD in our Acronym Attic
- Utility Compiler
- Unified Chart of Accounts
- United Clubs of Austin (Austin, TX)
- Uniting Church Overseas Aid (relief agency; Fiji and Papau New Guinea)
- University and College Ombuds Association (ombudsmen's association)
- University of California Observatories Advisory Committee
- Uniao Centro-Oeste Brasileira (Portuguese: Union Central-West Brazil; Seventh Day Adventist Church headquarters)
- Uganda Community Based Association for Child Welfare
- United Church of Christ (also seen as UCC)
- Under Cover of Darkness
- United Coalition of the Damned (computer group)
- University Committee on Disability (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Universal Computer Code (Groundwater Modeling Systems)
- Unity and Cooperation for Development of Peoples (Italy)
- United Identification System Report
- Ubiquitous Chromatin Opening Element
- University College of Engineering (Punjab, India)
- Universal Council for Online Education Accreditation
- Urology Center of Florida (Ocala, FL)
- Unit Conduct Of Fire Trainer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The analysis was based on death attributed to the underlying cause of death as it was reported on death certificates and published in the Report of Public Health Statistics.
Approximately 500 children from nine schools of Sana'a will participate in the marathon, with the aim to highlight and raise awareness about hunger and malnutrition- an underlying cause of death for thousands of children each year all over the world.
In the 601/816 cases in which autopsies had been performed, the most common underlying cause of death was ischaemic heart disease, and diseases of the cardiovascular, respiratory and central nervous systems accounted for the majority of natural deaths (Table II).
A PD outcome was measured as an inpatient admission with a diagnosis of PD or an underlying cause of death listed as PD.
The certifier should report the sequence of events leading to the death in Part I, with the underlying cause of death on the lowest used line and the immediate cause on line 1(a).
5% lower than in 2007, when the number of cases where the bug was recorded as the underlying cause of death peaked at 8,324.
Unfortunately, the synopsis of the cause of death noted on many death certificates is often inadequate in denoting physical and, when significant, mental factors, that were the underlying cause of death or that otherwise contributed to the death.