The digital collection, available through Ohio Memory, the statewide digital collections in partnership with the State Library of Ohio, includes historical correspondence of Underground Railroad participants; photographs of agents and former slaves; and maps of Underground Railroad routes.
What does UGRR stand for?
UGRR stands for Underground Railroad (US National Park Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Utah Gay Rodeo Association
- Uganda Gender Resource Center (est. 1991)
- Undergraduate and Graduate Research Council (Christopher Newport University; Newport News, VA)
- Uganda Gender Rights Foundation
- United Gorkha Revolutionary Front (Nepalese militant group; est. 1994)
- Urban Geography Research Group (Royal Geographical Society-Institute of British Geographers)
- Utah Ghost Research & Investigation
- Utility Gross Receipts License Tax (Kentucky Department of Revenue)
- Universidad Gabriel René Moreno
- Utah Genetic Reference Project
- Ultimate Grading and Remanufacturing System (lumber industry software)
- Utah Garden Railway Society
- Uniform Grain and Rice Storage Agreement (USDA Farm Service Agency)
- University General Requirements Unit (United Arab Emirates University; Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates)
- Upper Green River Valley (Wyoming)
- Upper Gunnison River Water Conservancy District (Gunnison, CO)
- Uganda Shilling (currency)
- UltraGuard Suite
- Umgangssprachlich (German: colloquial speech)
- Unattended Ground Sensor
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 Hardcover Guides to historic events in America E450 Part of a series of reference works on American history for high school and undergraduate level history students, this volume on the Underground Railroad provides a concise overview of this important episode in the history of African American slavery and resistance.
com)-- Professor Tuesday's Awesome Adventures In History: Book Three The Underground Railroad by Jeffery L.
Support comes from London-based Parisians UNDERGROUND RAILROAD.
When Thunder Rolls: The Underground Railroad and the Civil War" is a tale of the Underground Railroad, a line of people that slaves knew to run to for aid and assistance in trying to flee northward for the most basic of freedoms that so many Americans hold dear.
The city’s Landmarks Preservation Commission has put a set of 19th-century Chelsea row houses used in the Underground Railroad on track to become landmarks, as the agency is slated to consider the properties at a hearing tomorrow.
Complete story / Page 8 CAPTION(S): photo Photo: (color) Karen Jones Meadows portrays 30 characters in ``Harriet's Return,'' a one-woman play she wrote about the life of Underground Railroad conductor Harriet Tubman.
BOUND FOR CANAAN; THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD AND THE WAR FOR THE SOUL OF AMERICA.