ySTANBUL (CyHAN)- On May 13, an explosion at a coal mine in Soma, Manisa, caused an underground mine fire that burned for two days.
What does UMF stand for?
UMF stands for Underground Mine Fire
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UMF
We have 46 other meanings of UMF in our Acronym Attic
- Umatilla Morrow Education Service District
- Universidade Metodista de São Paulo
- UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Media Technologies
- Universidad Metropolitana (Spanish)
- Utah Medicare Education Team (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Uonuma International Exchange Association (Japan)
- Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
- Ultra Marathon France
- Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL)
- Unconventional Military Forces
- Unidad de Manejo Forestal (Spanish)
- Union des Maisons Françaises (French: Union of French Houses)
- Union des Musulmans de France (French: Union of Muslims of France)
- Union Fédérale des Mines (French miners' trade union)
- Union Maritime et Fluviale (French: union for sea and river shipping)
- Unique Manuka Factor (antibacterial honey property)
- Unit Material Fielding
- Unit Material File
- United Mappers Federation
- United Maritime Fishermen
Samples in periodicals archive:
The underground mine fire was so intense that it created a deep crater on the highway disrupting the traffic and causing panic among the people residing in the nearby villages.
The money will go toward abandoned mine clean up, which includes underground mine fires, water filled pits, deep holes, steep cliffs, cleaning up acid waterways, land reclamation and areas prone to subsidence.
David Lauriski, Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health, visited its wholly-owned Webster County Coal, LLC subsidiary today to recognize the individuals responsible for the successful recovery of the Dotiki mine from an underground mine fire that originated on February 11, 2004.
Governor Rendell has made it a priority to clean up mine sites with an array of associated environmental and public health hazards, including underground mine fires, water-filled surface mining pits, dangerous highwalls and open mine entries.
Growing Greener II will provide the tools to address this vast array of environmental and public health problems, including underground mine fires, water-filled surface mining pits, dangerous highwalls and open mine entries that tempt the curious to test their luck in unpredictable and unstable abandoned underground mines.
Pennsylvania is home to some 5,600 mine sites with an array of associated hazards, including underground mine fires, water-filled surface mining pits, dangerous highwalls and open mine entries that tempt the curious to test their luck in unpredictable and unstable abandoned underground mines.
The Department of Environmental Protection is working with the National Association of Abandoned Mine Land Programs and the Interstate Mining Compact Commission to reauthorize the AML Fund so the state can continue to clean up an array of associated AML hazards, including underground mine fires, water- filled surface mining pits, dangerous highwalls, open mine entries and unstable abandoned underground mines.