Nanomolar levels of this protein increase uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) in cultures of primary white fat cells by 50 fold or more, resulting in very large increases in uncoupled respiration.
What does UCP stand for?
UCP stands for Uncoupling Protein
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UCP
We have 156 other meanings of UCP in our Acronym Attic
- University Committee on Sexual Orientation (Western Illinois University)
- Uganda Community Tourism Association
- Universal Certificate of Title Act
- University Council on Teacher Education
- United Motorcycle Clubs of Waco (Waco, TX directory)
- United Council on Welfare Fraud
- Universities Council on Water Resources
- UIR Change Proposal
- UltimateCarPage.com (website)
- Ultra-Clean Processing
- Under-ground Car Park
- Unicode Character Property (computing)
- Unidad Campesina del Petén (Peten Farmers' Unit, Guatemala)
- Unidade Central de Processamento
- Unidades de Carbón de Piedra (Spanish)
- Unified Certification Program
- Unified Command Plan
- Unified Command Post
- Unified Compliance Project
- Unified Content Protection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wallace Professor of Biomedical Research and chair of the Department of Comparative Medicine at Yale School of Medicine, studied the effect of natural and surgical deliveries on mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2) in mice.
The archaeal bile acids are steroidal hormones which can bind GPCR and modulate D2 regulating the conversion of T4 to T3 which activates uncoupling proteins reducing redox stress.
By stimulating the expression of the uncoupling protein genes in the mitochondria of fat cells and suppressing fat cell differentiation, fucoxanthin promotes thermogenesis (increased body heat to burn more calories) and suppresses lipid accumulation in white fat cells.
The uncoupling protein (UCP) 2 and UCP 3 genetic variants of the subjects were analyzed by noninvasive genotyping method from collecting buccal mucosa cells.
Opposite effects of feeding a vitamin A-deficient diet and retinoic acid treatment on brown adipose tissue uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1), UCP2 and leptin expression.
Mitochondrial uncoupling protein (UCP) mediated proton conductance was measured as increased fatty acid-induced respiration, which was then compared to maximum respiration induced by the chemical uncoupler carbonylcyanide-p-trifluoromethoxyphenylhydrazone (FCCP).
San Diego, USA, working on peptides and proteins related to amylin, leptin and exendin along with small molecule amylin antagonists, activators of mitochondrial uncoupling protein (UCPs) and anti-atherosclerotic compounds.