Typically, an unconditioned response or reflex that is elicited by an unconditioned stimulus will show habituation if the stimulus is repeated (Gluck et al.
What does UR stand for?
UR stands for Unconditioned Response (psychology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UR
We have 13 other meanings of UR in our Acronym Attic
- University of Queensland Union (University of Queensland; Brisbane, Australia)
- University of Quebec at Montreal (Canada)
- Ultimate Questioner's Vanity (Theory)
- Uncertainty Quantification Working Group (Los Alamos National Laboratory; New Mexico; est. 1943)
- Unknown Quantity
- Sveriges Utbildningsradio (Swedish: Swedish Educational Broadcasting)
- Udmurt Republic (Russia)
- Ultimate Ratio
- Unbridled Racing (Unbridled Racing Stable)
- Uncertain Reasoning
- Underground Racing (Charlotte, NC)
- Underground Resistance (Detroit electro collective)
- Unemplyment Rate (labor statistic)
- Unfinanced Requirement(s)
- Unforgotten Realms (online animated comedy show)
- Unidirectional Ring
- Unified Requirement
- Unintentional Racism
- Union Route (Union Switch and Signal; railways)
- Unit Record
Samples in periodicals archive:
For unconditioned, aversive, fearful stimuli, when expectancy of the unconditioned fearful stimulus increases by pairing it with a conditioned stimulus, UCR diminution is detected in the amygdala and the anterior cingulate, auditory and dorsolateral prefrontal cortices, with an inverse relationship between unconditioned stimulus expectation and unconditioned response.
Sometimes it even merges into the larger unconditioned response without a separate maximum at all.
Debates have ensued over whether fear conditioning is mainly a function of the strength of the aversive unconditioned stimulus (UCS) or the severity and intensity of the unconditioned response (UCR).