WASHINGTON, March 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Communications Workers of America President Morton Bahr issued the following statement supporting the FCC's call for telecom carriers to negotiate a settlement on unbundled network elements.
What does UNE stand for?
UNE stands for Unbundled Network Element
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UNE
We have 19 other meanings of UNE in our Acronym Attic
- United Nations Division for Social Policy and Development
- United Nations Department of Safety and Security
- United Nations Department of Technical Co-Operation for Development
- Unified Networkers of Drug Users Nationally
- Under Voltage
- United Nations Day of Vesak (Buddhism)
- Ultrasonically Nebulised Distilled Water
- United Network of Detained Zimbabweans
- Ubuntu Netbook Edition (Ubuntu Foundation)
- Una Norma Española
- Underground Nuclear Explosion
- Unexpected Network Error
- Uniao Nacional dos Estudantes (Brazil)
- Unidad Nacional de la Esperanza (Spanish)
- Unificación Nacional de Equicratico (National Equicratic Unification; Guatemalan political party)
- Unión Nacional de Empleados (Spanish: National Union of Employees, Nicaragua)
- UniStar Nuclear Energy (Baltimore, MD)
- Universidad del Este
- Universidad Nacional de Educación (Spanish: National University of Education; Peru)
- University of Nebraska
Samples in periodicals archive:
The request comes after failed negotiations and Qwest's subsequent refusal to allow AT&T to test Qwest's offering of the unbundled network element platform (UNE-P) in Minnesota.
Access to local, long distance, and Internet is a part of the bundle for residential markets, but CLECs have to focus on development and deployment of advanced services such as voice over Internet protocol (VoIP), especially with the phasing out of unbundled network element platform (UNE-P).
The agreement provides Cordia with a replacement for Unbundled Network Element Platform (UNE-P) through at least July 2008.
Last Thursday, the California Public Utilities Commission completed a rate-making proceeding to specify permanent rates for certain unbundled network elements (UNE), including UNE loops (UNE-L), unbundled loops with unbundled switching (UNE-P) and UNE T-1s.
The CLEC proposal focuses on access to network elements utilized by facilities-based providers to extend the reach of their networks to serve business customers, in contrast to previous proposals that have focused principally on the unbundled network element platform (UNE-P) used to serve mass market customers.
With 400 members, the Alliance is the largest association representing facilities-based carriers, providers using unbundled network elements, global integrated communications companies, and their supplier partners.