The organizations said that the representative was lead sponsor of "An Act Providing Housing and Support Services for Unaccompanied Homeless Youth.
What does UHY stand for?
UHY stands for Unaccompanied Homeless Youth (Illinois)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UHY
We have 1 other meaning of UHY in our Acronym Attic
- Union of Health Work Committees
- Upper Hunter Wonnarua Council (Australia)
- Urban Health and Wellness Center (Flint, MI)
- University Hospital of the West Indies (Kingston, Jamaica)
- Ultra Hyper Wonderful Link
- Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest
- Uniform Hazardous Waste Material
- Utah Hazardous Waste Management Rules
- University of Hawaii - West Oahu
- University Hills/Windsor Park (Austin, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The need is critical for more youth shelters in order for young people to succeed," said Tedd Peso, government relations manager at The Night Ministry, an organization that provides 52 beds for unaccompanied homeless youth in Chicago.
For example, Children's Supplemental Security Income can be an important benefit for homeless families with children with disabilities or for unaccompanied homeless youth.
I am anxious for the commission to identify tangible ways in which we, as a Commonwealth, can address the growing population of unaccompanied homeless youth," O'Day said.
The Foundation also advocates for legislative and public policy changes to assist unaccompanied homeless youth, children in the juvenile justice and foster care systems, and those in the zero to five age group.
Additionally, on any given night there are an estimated 2,000 youth on Chicagoland streets according to the University of Illinois at Chicago's Unaccompanied Homeless Youth in Illinois: 2005 report.
Department of Housing and Urban Development, which found 13 unaccompanied homeless youths under 18 in Worcester on Jan.