Of the 44 papers, 12 were invited, and discuss such aspects as a spherical ultrasonic motor for a pipe inspection robot, machining with image recognition using industrial robots, and the dynamic force-position control of a walking robot's motion on a slope.
What does USM stand for?
USM stands for Ultrasonic Motor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of USM
We have 118 other meanings of USM in our Acronym Attic
- United States Law Week (publication)
- Unmanned Systems for Land Warfare
- Upward Sports League of Winchester (Winchester, VA)
- United States Lacrosse Youth Council (Baltimore, MD)
- Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine (band)
- Koh Samui, Thailand (Airport Code)
- Ultimate Soccer Manager (soccer game)
- Ultimate Spider-Man (comic)
- Ultimate Street Machines, Inc (Hanover, MD)
- Ultrasonic Meter
- Un-Scheduled Maintenance
- Under Secretary for Management
- Underlying Subject Matter (UK tax regulations)
- Underwater-To-Surface Missile
- Unified Security Manager (policy)
- Unified Spectrum Management
- Uniform Sampling Method
- Uniform Staffing Methodology
- Union Sportive Monastirienne (Tunisia)
- Union Square Music (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A newly designed Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and Voice Coil Motor (VCM) ensure fast and near-silent zooming when moving from the 24mm wide angle through to 1200mm maximum reach, while ZoomPlus digitally extends the zoom to 100x while maintaining high image quality.
The researchers will continue joint research and development aimed at achieving a wide range of applications, such as sensors that can detect pressure, vibration, and impact, as well as ultrasonic motors, ultrasonic transducers for medical care and actuators used in devices such as speakers.
Applications discussed include ferroelectric memory devices, ultrasonic motors, and acoustic transducers.
The model could help researchers to design the next generation of standing wave ultrasonic motors (SWUMs), which operate on similar principles as pizza tossing.
Since then, innovations have included the first lens with an Ultrasonic Motor, the EF 300mm f/2.
The robot, which resembles a small helicopter, has two tiny ultrasonic motors that drive two propellers in opposite directions for lift.
Part three reviews applications, beginning with a review of surface acoustic wave devices and air-borne ultrasound transducers, and going on to consider ultrasonic high temperature and flaw detection systems, power, biomedical and micro scale ultrasonics, therapeutic ultrasound devices, piezoelectric and fibre optic hydrophones, and ultrasonic motors.