Further, using low quality octane gas and ultra low sulfur fuels can create a higher pollutant level into the atmosphere, adding to a not so friendly environmental perception of big rig trucks, diesel rigs, and other commonly driven vehicles.
What does ULSF stand for?
ULSF stands for Ultra Low Sulfur Fuel (diesel fuel)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ULSF
- Upper Left Sternal Border
- United Kingdom Longitudinal Studies Centre (est. 1999)
- Universal Lossless Source Code (compression technology)
- University of London Society of Change Ringers (UK)
- Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel
- United List of Social Democrats (Slovenia)
- University of Louisville School of Dentistry (Louisville, KY)
- Urban League of San Diego County
- Urban League of San Diego County Young Professionals
- University of London School Examinations Board
- Unconstrained Least-Squares Frame
- United Lebanese Solidarity Fund (Beirut, Lebanon)
- University Leaders for a Sustainable Future
- Ulysses S Grant National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Universal Life Secondary Guarantee (insurance)
- Upper Lateral Splay Graft
- USFSPA (Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act) Litigation Support Group (San Antonio, TX)
- Ultra Large Scale Integration
- Ultra Large-Scale Integration Density
- Universal Language Services Malta
Samples in periodicals archive:
Originally a fertilizer plant, Rentech intends to update the facility so that in the future it will produce not only fertilizer, but also "1,800 barrels [per day] of ultra clean, ultra low sulfur fuels .
Fleetguard said the program provided for eight diesel oxidation catalysts (DOCs) and 12 diesel particulate filters (DPFs), as well as ultra low sulfur fuel.
The Genoil upgrader will improve light oil output for refiners and heavy oil producers, increase refiner's profit margins while contributing to meeting worldwide government mandates for ultra low sulfur fuels that are needed to protect the environment.
Second, it will enable Tosco to produce all of its diesel fuel as the ultra low sulfur fuel that is expected to be mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and to do this well in advance of the proposed 2007 deadline.
In order to utilize the Diesel Particulate Filter, the program also provided for ultra low sulfur fuel.
They will operate for a year in normal revenue service in Manhattan and the Bronx on ultra low sulfur fuel supplied by Equilon, a Shell-Texaco joint venture.
With a Government recognized emission reduction technology and the marketing, sales and distribution power of our partners, we believe that we are poised to apply our catalyst technology into markets that require higher value products (Best Available Control Technology) with and without Ultra Low Sulfur Fuel.