I was also chastised for referring to the Ulster Defence Force as an Irish connection; the reader claimed that it was actually active in a part of the United Kingdom.
What does UDF stand for?
UDF stands for Ulster Defence Force
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UDF
We have 49 other meanings of UDF in our Acronym Attic
- Unit Description
- Universidade Do Extremo Sul Catarinense (Portuguese: San Catarina State University; Florianopolis, Brazil)
- Unified Drug Enforcement Strike Team
- Union pour le Développement Economique et Social de Thioubalel (French)
- University of Delaware Equestrian Team
- Unsymmetric Diethyltrianine
- Unione Democratici Europei (Italian: Union of Democrats for Europe)
- Unidad de Vivienda Popular (Spanish: Public Housing Unit)
- Universal Descriptor Exchange
- UAV (Unmanned Aerospace Vehicle) Demonstration Flight (drones)
- Ultra Deep Field
- Ultrafine Depth Filtration (South Africa)
- Un-Ducted Fan
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (gaming)
- Union des Fabricants (French: Union Manufacturers)
- Union of Democratic Forces (Bulgarian political party)
- Union pour La Démocratie Française (French: Union for French Democracy, political party)
- Uniqueness Database File
- Unit Data File
Samples in periodicals archive:
This extremely moving film begins in 1975 when 17 year-old Alistair Little, a member of the Ulster Defence Force (UDF) murders 19 year-old Catholic Jim Griffin.
Today's terrorists are not the poor, the starving, the oppressed, as Europe well knows; the Baader Meinhof gang, the Red Brigade, the Basque terrorists, the Irish Republican Army, the Ulster Defence Force do not give a damn about the poor.