recently returned from being underway aboard USS Blue Ridge (LCC 19), where he provided planning support to the NAVSUP 7th Fleet Logistics Planner during Ulchi Freedom Guardian 2012.
What does UFG stand for?
UFG stands for Ulchi Freedom Guardian (military exercise)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UFG
We have 25 other meanings of UFG in our Acronym Attic
- Ungdom for Fritt Palestina (Norwegian: Youth for Free Palestine)
- Union of Fewer and Fewer Republics (Soviet Union re-naming suggestion)
- United Fashion Forum Review (UK)
- Ultra Fringe-Field Switching (Hundai Display Technology Inc.)
- University of Florida Filipino Student Association
- Ultra Fast Fourier Transform (MRI image computer)
- United Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Association
- Uni-Font Fixed Width Text
- Unteroffizier (German)
- Ubezpieczeniowego Funduszu Gwarancyjnego (Polish: Insurance Guarantee Fund)
- Unaccounted for Gas
- Unión Fenosa Generacion (Spanish electrical power supplier)
- Union Française des Géologues (French: French Union of Geologists)
- United Financial Group
- United Food Group Inc (Elgin, IL)
- United Freight Global
- United Front Games (gaming)
- Unity for Gallaudet (Gallaudet University; Washington, DC)
- Universidade Federal de Goiás
- Unravel Flow-Graph
Samples in periodicals archive:
More than 30,000 US troops, including most of those based in the South plus 3,000 from overseas, are taking part in the annual joint drill known as Ulchi Freedom Guardian.
The Combined Forces Command in Seoul said it informed the North the Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise is "defensive in nature.
The comment came after South Korea and the United States announced the start of their 10-day Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise - an annual computer-assisted simulation command-post exercise involving tens of thousands of troops.
The latest edition of operation Ulchi Freedom Guardian, first launched in 1975, would make use of "the alliance's recent experiences with North Korean provocations on the peninsula," said General James Thurman, commander of the USFK and the joint US-Korean forces.
The 10-day Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise is an annual computer-assisted simulation command-post exercise involving tens of thousands of troops from the two allies.
The two allies have described the 10-day Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise as defensive and routine but the North habitually terms such joint drills a rehearsal for invasion and launches its own counter-exercises.
SEOUL, July 18 Kyodo South Korea and the United States will hold their annual Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise from Aug.