Tourism operators are pleased that the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) has started permitting the use of mountain bikes at Mt.
What does UWA stand for?
UWA stands for Uganda Wildlife Authority
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UWA
We have 31 other meanings of UWA in our Acronym Attic
- University of Washington Quality of Life Questionnaire
- University of Wisconsin-Richland Center
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls
- University of Wisconsin-Stout
- University of Wisconsin-Superior
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine (Seattle, WA)
- University of Wisconsin Space Science and Engineering Center (Madison, WI)
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (since 1868; Whitewater, Wisconsin)
- Ultima Underworld 2 (gaming)
- Ultra Wide Angle
- Under Wall Above (architecture)
- Under-Water Acoustic
- Underwriting Agreement (insurance; various companies)
- Unified Watershed Assessment
- United Way of America
- United World Atheists (Austin, TX)
- Universal Weather and Aviation Inc.
- Universal Widget API (Application Programming Interface; software)
- University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Samples in periodicals archive:
ARAB Contractors will take up the job of repairing the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) structure, at no extra cost, as the company has constructed the building at sh3.
Last week, President Yoweri Museveni ordered the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) to allow the Madhvani Group to build a golf course in Murchison Falls National Park, head of Uganda's National Association of Professional Environmentalists (NAPE), told AFP, whilst on the campaign trail for re-election.
The Uganda Wildlife Authority hopes that money raised from the campaign, launched last Friday, will help pay for more rangers to protect the gorillas and help fund the purchase of land to secure the animals' habitat.
The Uganda Wildlife Authority expressed discomfort at the pastoralists' presence because their weapons are superior and modern compared to those of the game wardens in the park and are concerned that the animals may spread diseases to wildlife.
Acknowledgments We gratefully acknowledge the Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda National Council for Science and Technology for granting us permission to conduct this research and Makerere University Biological Field Station and the Kibale EcoHealth Project and the Kibale Fish and Monkey Project for providing logistic support.
com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000822/MSFTLOGO ) The telecentre partnership between the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) and CTPH, a local non-governmental organisation (NGO) in Queen Elizabeth National Park (a UNESCO biosphere reserve), will be the home for Project Silverback -- an innovative trial that will provide access to e-mail and other digital services to rural small businesses and communities.
A committee set up by the ministry last week met with officials of Uganda Wildlife Authority and endorsed the deal to export the chimps to China.