KEY WORDS: air pollution, diesel, inflammation, oxidative stress, proteasome, secondary organic aerosol, SOA, ubiquitin proteasome pathway, UPP.
What does UPP stand for?
UPP stands for Ubiquitin Proteasome Pathway
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPP
We have 90 other meanings of UPP in our Acronym Attic
- Ultimate Point-of-Sale (Atlanta, GA)
- Unattended Point of Sale (purchasing without sales staff)
- Unified Point of Sale
- United People of Somalia (Memphis, TN)
- University Partnering for Operational Support
- Useless Piece of Stuff (Polite Form)
- Ultimate Paintball of Texas
- University of the Philippines Open University
- International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- United Property Owners of Washington
- Un-equal Packet-loss Protection (also seen as UPLP)
- Undeducted Purchase Price (pensions)
- Unidade de Polícia Pacificadora (Portuguese: Police Pacification Unit; Brazil)
- Unified Payment Page
- Unified Project Plan
- Uniform Pension Plan (Canada)
- Uniform Production Plan (manufacturing)
- Unión por Perú (Union for Peru)
- Union Properties PJSC (Public Joint Stock Company; United Arab Emirates)
- Unit Penyelarasan Pelaksanaan (Malay: Implementation and Coordination Unit)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ubiquitin Proteasome Pathway is the principal system for protein degradation and signaling in eukaryotic cells.
This is a fascinating scientific field - the role and mechanism of action of most of the proteins involved in the complex biology of the ubiquitin proteasome pathway (UPP) are still to be fully understood, and only some of the tools necessary to do this exist today.
MLN4924 targets NAE, a novel, Millennium-discovered target in the ubiquitin proteasome pathway (UPP).
manufactures Ubiquitin Proteasome Pathway (UPP) research tools and novel recombinant protein expression technologies
It's certainly possible that the enzymes of the ubiquitin proteasome pathway -- including ligases, isopeptidases and the proteasome itself -- could represent one of the next major breakthroughs in cancer treatment, much as kinases did five years ago.
Cognia's first database, Cognia Ubiquitin Database, a comprehensive summary of E3 ligases and other Ubiquitin Proteasome Pathway proteins, is being launched later this month; a second already is in production and will be announced shortly.
This further supports our strategy of establishing a broad pipeline of therapeutic products based on a novel approach in targeting the ubiquitin proteasome pathway.