Today, the ship is under the care of the non-profit USS Missouri Memorial Association, which owns and operates the ship as the Battleship Missouri Memorial, a historic attraction and memorial in Pearl Harbor.
What does USSMMA stand for?
USSMMA stands for USS Missouri Memorial Association (Honolulu, Hawaii)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- United States Surf Livesaving Association
- Uniformed Service Shared Leave Pool (Washington)
- Ultimate Super Soccer Management (fantasy soccer organization)
- Ultra Screen Saver Maker (computer screen software)
- Uluslararasi Savas Suçlari Mahkemesi (Turkish war crimes tribunal)
- Unione Societa Sportive Monzesi (Italian: Union Sports Clubs Monzesi; Monza, Italy)
- United States Scale Masters Association, Inc.
- United States Seagoing Marine Association
- United States Ski Mountaineering Association
- User Supported Software Marketing Association
- United for Safe Schools Novato (California)
- Undergraduate Student Services Office (various schools)
- United States Special Operations (gaming clan)
- University Student Services Office
- United States Special Operations Command (US DoD)
- United States Special Operations Command Central
- United States Special Operations Command (also seen as SOCOM; US DoD)
- United States School of Golf
- United States Air Force, Southern Command (US DoD)
- United States Southern Command
Samples in periodicals archive:
Following an astounding career that spans five decades and three wars, from World War II to the Korean conflict to the Liberation of Kuwait, the "Mighty Mo" was decommissioned and donated to the USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc.
But in June 1998, she was transferred to Pearl Harbor to the USS Missouri Memorial Association as a memorial to America's tenacity and success.
The battleship is being given to the USS Missouri Memorial Association, which hopes to have it brought to Honolulu and ready for visitors by Oct.
News/Assignment Editors HONOLULU--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 27, 2001 Ceremony Will Pay Tribute to Callaghan for His Leadership and Compassion Following a Kamikaze Attack During the Battle of Okinawa On Thursday, April 12, the USS Missouri Memorial Association will host a special ceremony in tribute to the ship's first commanding officer, Captain William M.
Louis Education Foundation, Aloha Council Boy Scouts, Pacific Air Forces Civilian Advisory Council, Japan-Hawaii Economic Council, Bridge-Navy League, USS Missouri Memorial Association and the Hawaii Business Roundtable.
If it is docked at Pearl Harbor's Battleship Row, the USS Missouri Memorial Association said it will build a museum and memorial park for the Missouri, Arizona and the USS Bowfin, said Ed Carter, association chairman.