The United States spends more on healthcare per capita than almost any other country in the world, yet its citizens are more likely to die early and are sicker than their peers in comparable countries, according to a report by the US National Research Council and the Institute of Medicine.
What does USNRC stand for?
USNRC stands for US National Research Council
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of USNRC
We have 1 other meaning of USNRC in our Acronym Attic
- US Merchant Marine Reserve Coastal Defense
- US Organized Naval Reserve (US Navy)
- US Organized Naval Reserve Aviation (US Navy)
- US Naval Reserve, Selective Volunteer (US Navy)
- US Volunteer Naval Reserve (US Navy)
- US Navy Radio and Sound Laboratory
- United States Naval Reserve - Training and Administration of Reserves
- United States National Ramsar Committee
- United States Normal Retail Channel
- United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- US Naval Reserve Corps
- United States Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory (San Francisco, California)
- United States Naval Reserve Force (WWI)
- US Navy Recruit Training Command
- United States Naval Ship (civilian-manned; in service)
- United States Naval Station
- United States Navy Seals
- Unrecognised States Numismatic Society (money study society)
- United States National Student Association
- United States Naval Sailing Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite leading the world in pioneering anti-smoking laws, cancer screening and controlling high blood pressure, the US trails its richer 'peer' countries in almost all other measures of health and longevity, says a US National Research Council report published recently.
For example, the US National Research Council (NRC) has recently concluded that fracking does not pose a high risk for inducing earthquakes, but said injection for disposal of waste-water from drilling operations carried a higher potential.
A recent report by the US National Research Council said that as many as a quarter of cats and dogs in the western world were obese.
R&D: Although research funding for the NIH has increased in recent years, research funding for other government science agencies has not, according to the US National Research Council (NRC).
It concluded that there probably was a conspiracy, before a third investigation, by the US National Research Council, rejected that finding and dismissed the gunshots as "static".
Previous reports by the US National Research Council have found that technologies including propulsion, lunar dust mitigation and robot vehicles are being designed for the Moon and not Mars, for example.
According to New Scientist, the US National Research Council (NRC) report, titled "Launching Science: Science Opportunities Provided by NASA's Constellation System," was written by a committee chaired by George Paulikas, a retired executive for the Aerospace Corporation, a think tank based in El Segundo, California.