Designed to support UMTS and EDGE cellular standards, the platform enables users to have vast mobile network coverage and benefit from advanced multimedia features delivered at high data rates.
What does USIM stand for?
USIM stands for UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) Subscriber Identity Module (information storage and connection smartcard)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of USIM
We have 5 other meanings of USIM in our Acronym Attic
- United States Imagery and Geospatial Information Service Conceptual Data Model
- United States Icelandic Horse Congress (Oconomowoc, WI)
- United States Indian Health Service
- United Software Industries, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
- Unsupportive Social Interactions Inventory
- United States Internet Industry Association
- Utah Statewide Immunization Information System
- United States Initiative on Joint Implementation
- US Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association
- United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse League (replaced by United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association)
- United States International Mission (US and Vietnam)
- Universal Subscriber Identity Module
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
- User Services Identity Module (UMTS)
- Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais SA (Brazilian metallurgy company)
- University of Sydney Institute of Marine Science (Australia)
- Unique Supplier Identification Number
- United States Intelco Networks
- Universal Serial Item Name (bibliographic protocol)
- University of Southern Indiana
Samples in periodicals archive:
Telefonica will make its laboratories available to Telit for testing the new UMTS modules.
PTC has already received initial shipments of the Merlin U530, which are being used on Poland's first UMTS network; service became available to users in Warsaw and its surroundings in late August.
DUBLIN, Ireland -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of UMTS Node B Base Stations product research to their offerings.
Deploying Mobile Technology at Lower Frequencies Can Help Operators Cost-Effectively Deliver UMTS/HSDPA Services and Improve Coverage Significantly O2, Manx Telecom (a wholly owned subsidiary of O2), Lucent Technologies (NYSE: LU), and QUALCOMM (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced they are conducting a third-generation (3G) UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) and HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) field trial using 900 MHz spectrum on the Isle of Man.
com/reports/c39039) has announced the addition of E-Learning Course: UMTS (3G) Mobile Systems to their offering.
com/reports/c37845) has announced the addition of Understanding UMTS Radio Network Modelling, Planning and Automated Optimisation: Theory and Practice to their offering.
com/reports/c35189) has announced the addition of Radio Resource Management Strategies in UMTS to their offering.