According to the Twin To Twin Transfusion Syndrome Foundation, the illness strips the "donor" twin of nutrients vital it its development, and can also put strain the heart of the twin receiving excess.
What does TTTS stand for?
TTTS stands for Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TTTS
We have 7 other meanings of TTTS in our Acronym Attic
- Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice
- Tech to the People (open-source technology group)
- Technologies to the People
- Time to the Plate (baseball)
- Trails to the Past (genealogy project)
- Train the Trainer Participant Guide (food safety)
- Time-Tagged Time-Resolved
- Tanker/Transport Training System
- Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome (anxiety)
- Turn Toward The Sun (band)
- The Thread That Shall Not Be Named
- Title Transfer Tracking Service Provider
- Ta Ta Till Then
- Table Top Truck Trials (hobby)
- Teaching Technology Through Tradition
- Tekken Tag Team Tournament (video game)
- These Things Take Time
- To Tell The Truth
- Together to the Top (gaming movement)
- Too Tired to Type (online chatting)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I had an horrific pregnancy and we were told we could lose Max as the babies had twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS), where the placenta isn't working properly and one twin gets more of the blood supply.
Before they were even born, their mum Sophie was diagnosed with the life-threatening Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS), which occurs when blood moves from one twin to another.
Professor Mark Kilby says: "We are exploring abnormalities of twin to twin transfusion syndrome, which is when one baby has low blood pressure.
Problems began when a scan detected that the brothers were suffering from rare Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome, meaning blood was passing unevenly between them.
The boys suffered a disorder called twin to twin transfusion syndrome.
But then doctors revealed the babies had Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome.
Problems began when a scan detected the brothers were suffering from the rare Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome, meaning blood was passing unevenly between them.