It was issued by the Turkistan Islamic Party, which supplies fighters to wage war alongside the Taliban.
What does TIP stand for?
TIP stands for Turkistan Islamic Party
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TIP
We have 523 other meanings of TIP in our Acronym Attic
- Tri-Service Improvement Program
- Tripoli (airport code)
- Tropical Moored Buoy Implementation Panel (NOAA)
- Trouble in Paradise (Iomega testing)
- Truancy Intervention Project
- True Intersection Point (mechanical drawings)
- True Involute Pitch
- Tuition Installment Plan (various schools)
- Turbine Inlet Pressure
- Turbo Inlet Pipe
- Turkiye Isci Partisi (Workers' Party of Turkey)
- Turn in Poachers, Inc.
- Tyner Resources Ltd (stock symbol)
- Types in Programming (workshop)
- Tipografía Nacional (Guatemalan football club)
- Texas Intellectual Property Partnership
- Tuberoinfundibular Peptide of 39 Residues
- Tail-Interacting Protein of 47
- Technical Image Press Association (magazine association)
- Texas Intercollegiate Press Association (est. 1909)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The footage, posted on an underground Al-Qaeda website, was issued by the Turkistan Islamic Party, which supplies fighters to wage war alongside the Taliban.
The authorities downplayed the significance of a blast last month in Guangzhou - another Olympic host city for the football - for which the Uygur separatist group the Turkistan Islamic Party claimed responsibility.
One militant group, the Turkistan Islamic Party, pledged in a video that surfaced on the internet last month to "target the most critical points related to the Olympics".
One militant group, the Turkistan Islamic Party, pledged in a video that surfaced on the internet last month to "target the most critical points related to the Olympics.
Separatist video A group calling itself the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released a video last week threatening attacks on China during the Olympic games in Beijing, according to internet monitoring groups in the US.
Last Thursday, a previously unknown group calling itself the Turkistan Islamic party released a video in which it warned of attacks on buses, trains and planes during the Olympic fortnight.
The nearly six-minute recording, released by the Washington-based IntelCenter, which monitors extremists, attributed it to the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP), an ethnic Uighur and Muslim organization seeking to create an independent state out of China's heavily Muslim Xinjiang province.