Under the deal, the company will supply three units of 660 MW supercritical coal turbine islands to Nabinagar Power Generating Co.
What does TI stand for?
TI stands for Turbine Island (power generation)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TI
We have 40 other meanings of TI in our Acronym Attic
- Transport Index
- Treasure Island (Hotel Casino Resort, Las Vegas, NV)
- Tribunal d'Instance (French: District Court)
- Tribune Interactive
- Tricuspid Incompetence
- Triple Integral
- Trunk Interface
- Truth Is
- Trypsin Inhibitor
- Tube Investments (Chennai, India)
- Turbocharger-Intercooler (Volvo trim)
- Turismo Internazionale (Alfa Romeo)
- Turn In
- Titanium Tube
- Task Identification And Analysis
- Technology Identification And Assessment
- Troop Information and Education
- Titanium-Gold (wafer ground plane)
- Tank Inductor Continuous Conduction Mode
- Time-Invariant Conjugate Correlation Matrix
Samples in periodicals archive:
Significant work has been done on turbine islands, cooling towers and nuclear islands.
ATLANTA -- Hydro-Quebec, one of the largest electric utilities in North America, has selected GE Energy to perform a turbine island refurbishment that will extend the reliable operating life of the 675-megawatt Gentilly-2 nuclear generating station, a major supplier of electricity for Montreal and Quebec City in Canada.
The initial scope of work will involve GE's nuclear services, turbine island services, water technology and performance-optimization offerings.
com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000831/DLOGO Under terms of the contract, which are confidential, GE Energy would provide certain critical, "long-lead" components such as large forgings and other nuclear and turbine island parts based on GE's ESBWR design.
B&W's extended scope with Black Hills Generation includes all auxiliary boiler island equipment, the turbine-generator, all turbine island equipment, air-cooled condenser, coal and ash handling systems, and the plant control system.
The Nuclear Island for the turnkey project will be supplied by Framatome ANP, the Turbine Island by Siemens.
The turbine island, electrical and control systems, and other auxiliary equipment will be supplied by ABB Alstom.