At low engine speed and low gas flow, the vanes of the VNT close, thereby reducing the inlet area to the turbine, resulting in an increase in turbine inlet pressure, which increases turbine power and drives higher engine boost pressure.
What does TIP stand for?
TIP stands for Turbine Inlet Pressure
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TIP
We have 523 other meanings of TIP in our Acronym Attic
- Treaty Implementation Plan
- Trent International Program
- Tri-Service Improvement Program
- Tripoli (airport code)
- Tropical Moored Buoy Implementation Panel (NOAA)
- Trouble in Paradise (Iomega testing)
- Truancy Intervention Project
- True Intersection Point (mechanical drawings)
- True Involute Pitch
- Tuition Installment Plan (various schools)
- Turbo Inlet Pipe
- Turkistan Islamic Party
- Turkiye Isci Partisi (Workers' Party of Turkey)
- Turn in Poachers, Inc.
- Tyner Resources Ltd (stock symbol)
- Types in Programming (workshop)
- Tipografía Nacional (Guatemalan football club)
- Texas Intellectual Property Partnership
- Tuberoinfundibular Peptide of 39 Residues
- Tail-Interacting Protein of 47