Tuning fork test and monofilament were the most specific and accurate of all the diagnostic tests.
What does TFT stand for?
TFT stands for Tuning Fork Test
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TFT
We have 91 other meanings of TFT in our Acronym Attic
- Transmission Fluid Temperature
- Transport For Transplant
- Travelers for Travelers (travel community)
- Treats for Troops
- Tri-band Field Terminal
- Trinitron Flat Tube (Sony television)
- Trivial File Transfer Protocol
- Tropical Forest Trust (now The Forest Trust; est. 1999)
- Tuffin Ferraby Taylor (UK)
- Tune for Time (fastest execution)
- Turbine Fuel Technologies (Des Moines, IA)
- Thin Film Transistor Matrix - Electro-Luminescent
- Thin Film Transistor - Liquid Crystal Display
- Tthin Film Transistor - Patterned Vertical Alignment (Samsung LCD display technology)
- Thought Field Therapy 4 U (complimentary therapy provider; UK)
- Tactical Flight Training Area
- Tales From The Afternow
- Terrain Following / Terrain Avoidance (radar/system)
- Tetraformaltrisazine (chemical)
- Texas Future Teachers of America (Austin, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ATLANTA -- The clanging tuning fork test is far more accurate and sensitive than is the 10-g monofilament in screening diabetes patients for peripheral neuropathy, results from two studies suggest.
In this situation, the results of the 256- and 512-Hz tuning fork tests, which lateralized to the right ear, were a telltale sign of a false A-B gap.
A tuning fork test revealed that the hearing loss in the left ear was severe.
Bone conduction was greater than air conduction on a tuning fork test, and Weber's test lateralized to the left.
The 512-Hz tuning fork test lateralized to the left ear, and air conduction was better than bone conduction in both ears.
The 512-Hz tuning fork test showed lateralization to the left ear, and air conduction was greater than bone conduction in both ears.