Since September 2012, distance learners are entitled to the same tuition fee loans as traditional campus-based learners.
What does TFL stand for?
TFL stands for Tuition Fee Loan (Singapore)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TFL
We have 109 other meanings of TFL in our Acronym Attic
- Toronto Fun League (LAN gaming group)
- Toxic Free Legacy (various locations)
- Training for Life (UK)
- Transfer Flight Level
- Transparent Failure Location
- Transport for London
- Transport, Forwarding, Logistics (various companies)
- Tree Farm Licence (forest industry)
- TRICARE for Life (health care system for retired military)
- True Forced Loneliness
- Teaching Foreign Languages to Adults (certification)
- Texas Foreign Language Association (est. 1953)
- Three and Four Letter Acronyms
- Total Finished Living Area (real estate)
- Transparent Failure Location Algorithm
- Transportation Foundation of Los Angeles (est. 1991; Los Angeles, CA)
- Task Force on Latin America and the Caribbean
- T-carrier Fault Locating Applications Program
- Thanks for Laughing But I Wasn't Joking.
- Tasmanian Freight Logistics Council (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A key financial factor is changes to the student funding structure in favour of distance learners which, since September 2012, gives them the same entitlement to tuition fee loans as campus based learners.
A tuition fee loan and a fee grant are available from the Welsh Government, via Student Finance Wales, for students from Wales who are studying for their first degree or any other higher education course at a publicly-funded university or college.
As Jamie is from Wales, he will get a pounds 3,465 Tuition Fee Loan to cover the first part of the pounds 9,000 tuition fees, while a Tuition Fee Grant from the Welsh Government will cover the rest.
Higher education students at Bridgend College can also access financial support including a tuition fee loan, maintenance loan and Assembly Learning Grant, with full-time students also benefiting from Bridgend College bursaries and scholarships.
In this example, we have assumed that you are studying in England (other than London), you are not living at home, you have taken out a tuition fee loan to cover tuition fees of pounds 3,375, you are in receipt of the maximum maintenance grant/loan of pounds 4,925 and minimum standard bursary of pounds 338.
Universities Minister David Willetts defended the new system, saying the proportion of tuition fee loans paid back by graduates each month would be manageable.
A tuition fee loan is available and is paid direct to the university; this loan is not affected by overall household income.