Our findings suggest that smokers trying to quit will have a better experience with varenicline as opposed to trying to quit on their own or by taking bupropion," he added.
What does TTQ stand for?
TTQ stands for Trying to Quit
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TTQ
We have 3 other meanings of TTQ in our Acronym Attic
- Time to Peak Tension
- Thermography and Thermophysical Properties User Center (High Temperature Materials Laboratory; US Department of Energy)
- Tactical Tomahawk Penetrator Variant
- Table Tennis Queensland (Australia)
- Task Team on Quality
- The Techno Queen
- The Trigger Quintet (band)
- Time to Quality
- To the Queen (toast)
- Total Traded Quantity (stocks)
- Tryptophan Tryptophyl quinone
- Turn the Question Around (teaching method)
- Tapped Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (audio equipment)
- Hereditary Transthyretin
- Tactical Training Range
- Talking Taco Radio
- Tap Tap Revenge (gaming)
- Tap Tap Revolution (game for the iPhone)
- TAP Transceiver
- Target Therapeutic Range (clinical treatment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
By prompting smokers to try and quit, by offering support services, encouragement, help and advice we can all encourage smokers to keep trying to quit.
Prof Robert West, director of tobacco studies at the Cancer Research UK health behaviour centre, said: "As the country tightens its financial belt, we've seen the number of smokers trying to quit slow down.
This finding comes on the heels of evidence that bupropion, a dopamine-enhancing drug but not a tricyclic, also increases abstinence in those trying to quit cigarettes (SN: 11/15/97, p.
Nicorette(R) (nicotine polacrilex), a prescription gum containing nicotine, provided smokers with the first pharmacologic treatment to help them "kick the smoking habit," by treating the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal smokers may experience when trying to quit.
Participants put on a new patch each day for eight weeks while trying to quit smoking.
Mothers-to-be made 1,865 attempts to give up smoking, with an estimated 17% of all women smoking during pregnancy trying to quit.
When you are giving up smoking it helps to be part of a group of other people who are trying to quit - or to try to stop with a friend.