Brisbane, Australia, Nov 30, 2012 - (ABN Newswire) - Texon Petroleum Ltd's (ASX:TXN) Hoskins EFS #3H well was drilled to 17,156 ft measured depth at a true vertical depth of 11,267 ft after which production casing was installed to total depth.
What does TVD stand for?
TVD stands for True Vertical Depth (oil drilling)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TVD
We have 45 other meanings of TVD in our Acronym Attic
- The Vampire Don
- The Vinyl District (music)
- The Virgin Dolls (band)
- Theater of Military Operations
- Time-Variant Distortion
- Total Vehicle Distance
- Total Virus Defense (McAfee)
- Transformable Variable Design (building process)
- Tricuspid Valve Dysplasia
- Tuvalu Dollar (ISO currency code)
- Tees Valley Development Company (UK)
- Tennessee Valley Dressage and Combined Training Association
- Tri Valley Distance Education Consortium
- Tandem Van de Graaff
- Time Varying Distributed H System
- Torsten van der Hoeven (webdesign firm; Spain)
- Turnverein Vor Dem Haarentor (German athletic club)
- Thames Valley District Health Council (Canada)
- Televisão Digital Interactiva (Portuguese Digital and Interactive Television)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The well was drilled to a total true vertical depth of 12,786 feet and encountered 389 net feet of pay in eleven commercial reservoirs.
The A-9 well encountered four natural gas zones totaling approximately 100 feet of net natural gas productive sands below 7,800 feet true vertical depth.
The sands are between 1,146 and 1,545 meters (3,761 and 5,070 feet) true vertical depth in the Eocene-age Kusuri formation.
An immediate sidetrack of the well, drilled to a total depth of approximately 16,000 feet (4800 meters) True Vertical Depth Subsea (TVDSS), further delineated the discovery.
The well is expected to be commenced within the next several weeks and will be drilled to a total true vertical depth of 16,000 feet.
The average true vertical depth (TVD) of the wells will be 2,600 meters.
At Eugene Island 242, EPL drilled the #J-4 well to a true vertical depth of 6,615 feet (8,809 feet measured depth) and penetrated 40 net feet of apparent gas pay in two intervals.