In the present case, the terminology of true positive, false positive, etc.
What does TP stand for?
TP stands for True Positive
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TP
We have 84 other meanings of TP in our Acronym Attic
- Trillian Pro (multi-IM client)
- Triose Phosphate
- Triple Parity (RAID technology)
- Triple Play (amusement park ride)
- Triple Play (baseball)
- Trivial Pursuit (game by Horn Abbot Ltd.; Horn Abbot International Limited)
- Troop Program
- True Parent (Unification Church)
- True Position (geometrical tolerancing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
By comparing the estimated 90th percentile with its upper limit, calculate the number of true positives, false negatives, and true negatives for each station.
Kids can be cruel, we know that but this guy channelled all that negativity and turned it into a true positive and made his way to the ultimate sporting accolade.
The CDC has also determined thresholds for S/CO ratios above which at least 95% of results with each current assay would be true positives (available at http://www.
Additionally, in clinical studies, a significant number of culture-negative samples that were OraSure QuickFlu-positive were determined to be true positives by polymerase chain reaction testing.
First, whether an individual turns out to be a true positive or true negative depends heavily upon how behavior on parole is measured.
That is, knowing that a test detects 85% of the true positive cases in a population tells the practitioner nothing about the chances of an individual's positive test finding being accurate.
1) There are true positives (TP), which are defined as children for whom a referral has been made and for whom that allegation has been substantiated; a true positive is sometimes called a "hit".