Initially, a trivalent oral polio vaccine which catered to all the strains was used.
What does TOPV stand for?
TOPV stands for Trivalent Oral Polio Vaccine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of TOPV in our Acronym Attic
- Tectronic Office Products Sales & Service (Doylestown, OH)
- The Officer Projection Specialty System
- Training Organisation for the Personal Social Services (UK)
- Trane Official Product Selection System (software)
- Tops Training and Consultancy Ltd (UK)
- The Officer Personnel System, The Army Reserve
- Texas Oral Proficiency Test
- Test-Oriented Paper-Tape System
- Total Officer Personnel Transaction Update System
- Third-Order Polynomial Upwind Scheme (fluid dynamics)
- Targeted Outreach for Pregnant Women Act
- Type of Person Who Uses Internet Acronyms
- Temple Ov Psychick Youth
- Tecumseh Occupational Activity Questionnaire
- The Obligatory Quote
- The Occidental Quarterly (sociological journal)
- The Office Quotes (website)
- The Other Quartet (band)
- Tired Old Queen
- The Other Queer Page (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another key strategy is to use trivalent oral polio vaccine, which targets all three types of polio.
While recent intensification of global polio immunization efforts makes it feasible that transmission could be halted by the end of 2005, it also leads to a dilemma -- the trivalent oral polio vaccine being used for eradication worldwide would become the only source of polio (vaccine derived polio viruses (VDVP) or vaccine-associated paralytic polio), requiring that its use be discontinued.