Late on a Friday night after weeks and weeks of loading test munitions, the most experienced weapons load crew (after all they won six "Weapons Load Crew of the Quarter" competitions in a row) was dispatched for a last minute change to reconfigure eight F-16 aircraft with four each GBU-12s on Triple Ejector Racks (TERs) instead of the usual parent mount MAU-12.
What does TER stand for?
TER stands for Triple Ejector Rack
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TER
We have 107 other meanings of TER in our Acronym Attic
- Train Express Regional
- Training Equipment & Requirement
- Training Evaluation Report
- Trans-European Railway (UN)
- Transcutaneous Electrical Resistance
- Transfer Effectiveness Ratio
- Transitional Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Transmission Equivalent Resistance
- Transphase Eradication Rod (Stargate)
- Travel Expense Report
- Threatened, Endangered, and At-Risk Species
- Fondazione per Adroterapia Oncologica
- One Trillion (10^12)
- Techno Economic Results from ACTS
- Temporary Early Retirement Act
- Temporary Early Retirement Authority
- Terminal Effects Research and Analysis
- Terrain Analysis
- Territorial Aspects of Enterprise in Remote Rural Areas
- Test of Early Reading Ability
Samples in periodicals archive:
Compared to the previously used TER-3 triple ejector rack, it has advantages of interfacing with smart weapons, higher reliability and maintainability, and greater safety with lower potential for collision of weapons during release.
E[acute accent]The existing Triple Ejector Rack is a weapon-suspension unit that attaches to an aircraft's weapon pylons, enabling each pylon to carry three weapons.