For sterols analysis by GC, the isolated sterols were transformed into trimethylsilyl ethers.
What does TMS stand for?
TMS stands for Trimethylsilyl (gas chromatography)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TMS
We have 461 other meanings of TMS in our Acronym Attic
- Transmission Measuring Set
- Transport Management System (SAP software component)
- Transportation Management System
- Transvaal Meteorological Station
- Transverse Magnetic Scattering
- Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome
- Travel Management System
- Tray Management System
- Triangle Micro Systems (Raleigh, NC)
- Tribune Media Services
- Trivitron Medical Systems
- Trouble Management System
- Trouble Musculo-Squelettique
- Troy Middle School (Bradford County, Pennsylvania)
- Truth Maintenance System
- Tuition Management Systems (Warwick, RI)
- Turbidity Monitoring System
- Turrentine Middle School (North Carolina)
- Turret Maintenance Trainer
- Turret Mooring System (naval engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The diethyl ether phase dehydrated over anhydrous sodium sulfate, filtered and evaporated under vacuum at 30[degrees]C and then derivatized to trimethylsilyl (TMS) ether for subsequent analyses by GC.
0 mmol), trimethylsilyl chloride (10 mmol) and dimethyl sulfoxide (1.
The resulting trimethylsilyl derivatives were analysed on a Hewlett Packard 5890 gas chromatograph with a 15m x 0.
The trimethylsilyl derivatives were analysed by capillary gas-liquid chromatography.
The results showed varying stabilities between the trimethylsilyl and phenyl groups.
We analyzed trimethylsilyl (TMS) derivatives of the dried hexanes extract with the MS set to monitor m/z 368.
In the present study, we used ion-exchange resin to produce silica nano-particles, which are further hydrophobically functionalized with trimethylsilyl groups in the presence of base and polar solvent to produce stable functionalized nano-silica solution.