To find out how can people reap the benefits of being stressed without being overwhelmed by dread, Jamieson and co-authors Matthew Nock, of Harvard University and Wendy Berry Mendes of the University of California in San Francisco, turned to the Trier Social Stress Test.
What does TSST stand for?
TSST stands for Trier Social Stress Test
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TSST
We have 33 other meanings of TSST in our Acronym Attic
- Top Secret Support System
- Toronto Sustainability Speaker Series (est. 2008; Canada)
- Trainer Stimulator Simulator System
- Turner Syndrome Support Society (UK)
- Theory and Simulation of Solar System Plasmas
- Time Sensitive Surface Target
- Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology
- Total Ships Survivability Testing
- Toxic Shock Syndrome Toxin
- Trier Social Stress Task
- Tron Superspeed Tunnel (Disneyland)
- Anti-Toxic Shock Syndrome Toxin-1
- Trier Social Stress Test for Children
- Toxic Shock Syndrome Toxin-1
- The Second Stage Turbine Blade (Coheed and Cambria album)
- Tactical SIGINT Systems Training Module
- Tactical SIGINT System Training Simulator
- Tactically Self-Sufficient Unit (various locations)
- Teaching Support Staff Union (Canada)
- Theater Sterile Supply Unit (hospital unit)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the first study, 14 subjects with BPD and 13 normal controls received intranasal oxytocin shortly before completing the Trier Social Stress Test, an experimental paradigm in which test subjects both anticipate and perform publicspeaking and serial-subtraction tasks in front of a panel.
Participants completed the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST), and serum cortisol (CORT) and plasma adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) were measured in blood samples collected during and after the stress test.
METHODS: Seventy male participants completed the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST).
The beneficial effect of penile-vaginal intercourse on systolic blood pressure in the Trier Social Stress Test is apparently more pronounced than any other intervention, including whether the subjects smoke or have a family history of hypertension; whether they're using ACE inhibitors, [beta]-blockers, or oral contraceptives; or whether they exercise, are depressed, or are in marital distress, he said.
Using a tool called the Trier Social Stress Test to induce psychological stress, and a capsaicin cream to produce inflammation on the skin, immune and endocrine measures were collected before and after training in the two methods.
To measure each group's inflammatory response to stress, the researchers then asked them to undergo a laboratory role-play called the Trier Social Stress Test, in which they had to appear before a panel of "judges" and both speak about their qualifications for their job and then count backward from a number by 13s.
In the test, the researchers examined the salivary cortisol response in 97 university students via the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST) devised at Trier University in Germany.