Cutting salt and excess weight can lower your pressure, says a new study called the Trial of Nonpharmacologic Interventions in the Elderly (TONE).
What does TONE stand for?
TONE stands for Trial of Nonpharmacologic Interventions in the Elderly (weight loss study)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TONE
We have 1 other meaning of TONE in our Acronym Attic
- Type Of Number
- Thousand Oaks Neighborhood Association (Berkeley, CA)
- Titles of Nobility Amendment (1810 proposed amendment to the United States Constitution)
- Tourism Of New Age
- Time Of Next Buy
- Troops Out Now Coalition
- The Obvious Necessary Conditions Are Also Sufficient (graph theory)
- The Original Nicolas Cage Appreciation Society (fansite)
- Texas Organization of Nurse Executives (Austin, TX)
- Tilted Optimised Nonsaturating Excitation
- Touch of Nature Environmental Center (Makanda, IL)
- Tot Ons Nut En Genoegen Is Deze Opgericht (football club; Voorburg, Netherlands)
- The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive
- Town of North Hempstead (New York)
- Transgender Outreach of Northern Indiana (Portage, IN)
- Trapped-Oligonucleotide Nucleotide Incorporation (assay)
- The Online Netskills Interactive Course
- Tonga Network Information Center
- Transverse Nonlinear Optics
- MAC Pacific Airlift Control Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
This consensus, along with the latest findings of the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) and Trial of Nonpharmacologic Interventions in the Elderly (TONE) studies presented at the American Heart Association (AHA) meeting in November 1996, show that dietary and lifestyle modifications can help manage high blood pressure and reduce or eliminate the need for medication in some people," stated Dr.