The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) found that IRS delays in processing net operating loss (NOL) carrybacks result in the IRS's paying millions of dollars in interest unnecessarily.
What does TIGTA stand for?
TIGTA stands for Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Threaded Interpretive Graph Reduction Engine (computer science)
- Tracking and Imaging Gamma Ray Experiment (physics)
- Tactical Guidance Research and Evaluation System
- TRIUMF-ISAC (Tri-University Meson Facility Isotope Separator and Accelerator) Gamma-Ray Escape-Suppressed Spectrometer (University of British Columbia; Canada)
- Topologically Integrated Geographic and Resource Information System
- The Independent Game Rating System
- Teen Institute of the Garden State (NJ teen leadership organization)
- Teens in the Garden State (New Jersey)
- The Illawarra Grammar School (Mangerton, New South Wales, Australia)
- The Institute of Graphological Science (est. 1982; handwriting analysis)
- The Indian Golf Union (New Delhi, India)
- Technology in Government Week (Canada)
- Tungsten Inert Gas Welding
- Taken in Hand (human relationship)
- Ten Inch Hero (film)
- Tension Induced by Hypoxia
- The Incredible Hulk (Marvel Comics)
- This is Hell! (radio show)
- This Is Holland (various applications)
- Thrombopénie Induite par l'Héparine (French: Thrombocytopenia Induced by Heparin)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration completed an audit that was initiated to determine whether the IRS was processing NOL cases timely to minimize interest payments and taxpayer burden.
21, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-PA) today released the following statement in response to a Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) report on the American Opportunity Tax Credit.
Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) (www.
That message was reinforced in June 2006 when the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration pointedly reported to Congress that examinations based on whistleblower tips were almost twice as effective as examinations based simply on Discriminant Index Function scores (as measured by dollars recovered per hour of examination time).
IRS officials said they identified and used "lessons learned" from the evaluations of the 2001 advance refund effort done by GAO and the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, and their own internal evaluation.
The event will feature speakers from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, Denver Regional Council of Governments, United States General Services Administration, United States Patent and Trademark Office, United States Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, Adobe, and Telework Exchange.
The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) recently released two reports for its study of the IRS Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division's audits of partnerships and S corporations.