She had suffered a subdural skull fracture to her skull which pathologist, Dr Richard Knights, described as a traumatic head injury.
What does THI stand for?
THI stands for Traumatic Head Injury
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THI
We have 79 other meanings of THI in our Acronym Attic
- Texas Heart Institute (Houston, TX)
- The Heartland Institute (est. 1984; think tank)
- The Hispanic Institute (Washington, DC)
- The Hood Internet (music production group)
- The Humane Interface (Jef Raskin book)
- Tim Hortons, Inc. (various locations)
- Tissue Harmonic Imaging (signal processing technique)
- Torrey Honors Institute (Biola University)
- Townscape Heritage Initiative (UK grant program)
- Traffic Homicide Investigator (Law Enforcement)
- Tendring Home Improvement Agency (UK)
- Travel Health Insurance Association
- transmural heterogeneity in myocardial integrated backscatter
- Tape Head Interface Committee (technology forum)
- Tennessee Health Information Consortium (medical libraries)
- The Haunting in Connecticut (movie)
- The Health Industry Council (Texas)
- The Heart Institute for Children
- The Home Insulation Company (Australia)
- Tsuneishi Heavy Industries (Cebu) Inc. (shipbuilder; Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A traumatic head injury of this nature can be expected to leave a child with long-term needs.
The researchers added: "As current guidelines for the assessment of brain injury make no recommendations in relation to the assessment or investigation of violence risk, our findings suggest that these may need review, at least for some groups of patients with traumatic head injury, particularly if they abuse illegal drugs or alcohol.
Newcastle coroner David Mitford recorded a verdict of accidental death and a traumatic head injury as the cause of death.
But on June 4 the boy, now 3, was taken to University Medical Center for traumatic head injury.
High School, died from a traumatic head injury when his school bus struck another car and plunged down an embankment.
We believe, although it has not yet been proven, that these physical effects may help explain why survivors of both torture and traumatic head injury often don't do well with standard therapies for depression and anxiety," said Richard Mollica, MD, director of the HPRT and leader of the study.
The Vatican is investigating Kear's survival of a traumatic head injury as a miracle attributable to Father Emil Kapaun, a U.