However, findings from both studies suggest that cognitive-behavioral trauma-focused group therapy (at least the types used by these authors) has no effect on PTSD symptoms beyond the effects that result from present-centered treatment.
What does TFGT stand for?
TFGT stands for Trauma-Focused Group Therapy
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of TFGT in our Acronym Attic
- Trellis Fence & Gate Makers (New Zealand)
- Triforce Game Master (gaming)
- Tetragon Financial Group Master Fund Limited (New York, NY)
- Timber Framers Guild of North America
- Thin Film Gas Sensor
- Toronto Facial Grading System (facial nerve dysfunction)
- Traffic Flow Guidance System (transportation science)
- Transitional Federal Government of Somalia
- Triangle Fixed Guideway Study (Triangle Transit Authority; North Carolina)
- Tropical Fruit Growers of South Florida
Samples in periodicals archive:
BALTIMORE -- Women who were sexually abused as children appear to fare no better with trauma-focused group therapy than with present-focused group therapy in improving behaviors associated with risk for HIV infection, according to research presented at the annual meeting of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies.
Randomized trial of trauma-focused group therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder: Results from a Department of Veterans Affairs cooperative study.