According to the sources, DDT and DDE were discovered in Euzal's remains in addition to cadmium, a chemical element, and radioactive elements americium, a transuranic radioactive chemical element, and polonium in Euzal's remains.
What does TRU stand for?
TRU stands for Transuranic
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TRU
We have 54 other meanings of TRU in our Acronym Attic
- Tomb Raider Underworld (gaming)
- Total Removed Urea (dialysis)
- Total Return Unitrust
- Toys R Us
- Traditional Rights and Usages
- Trans-Uranic Actinides
- Transformer Rectifier Unit
- Transitional Rehabilitation Unit
- Transmit Receive Unit
- Transmitter/Receiver Unit (cellular systems)
- Truckee (Amtrak station code; Truckee, CA)
- Trujillo, Peru - Trujillo (Airport Code)
- Turbidity Reducing Unit
- Total Room Ultraviolet Disinfector (Lumalier Corporation)
- Theater Reserve in Unit sets/Army Readiness Package South
- Three Rivers Underground Brewers (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Testable, Re-Usable Unit of Cognition (software)
- The Rice University Computer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The transuranic wastes generally consisted of gloves, wipes and other expendable laboratory supplies contaminated with low-level radioactive materials (simulated waste was used in the study).
Transuranic, heavy elements may not be used where there is life.
“Nuclear industry officials and policymakers are quietly mounting support for constructing a permanent nuclear waste repository inside a large New Mexico salt formation already used for permanent storage of low-level transuranic waste,” Energy Washington Week reported.
Byline: ANI Washington, Jan 28 (ANI): Physicists at the University of Texas at Austin, US, have designed a new system that, when fully developed, would use a hybrid of nuclear fusion-fission to eliminate most of the transuranic waste produced by nuclear power plants, and contribute to a carbon-free energy future.
Transuranic elements with long half-lives are also produced, but it may be possible to render them innocuous; until this can be done, they will have to be stored.
Department of Energy must remove all transuranic waste (rags and other debris contaminated with radioactive elements heavier than uranium) from the Idaho National Laboratory.
The x-ray tube-excited NITON XL3t 800 features a 50 kV, 2-watt miniaturized x-ray tube with multiple multi-layer primary filters to provide optimized excitation for elements ranging from chlorine through the transuranic elements.