5) * Transportation Concurrency Exception Areas (TCEAs): The act creates TCEAs for municipalities that are DULAs, urban service areas, and large counties that are DULAs but do not have urban service areas (except Miami-Dade and Broward counties).
What does TCEA stand for?
TCEA stands for Transportation Concurrency Exception Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TCEA
We have 25 other meanings of TCEA in our Acronym Attic
- Teaching Career Enhancement
- Tennessee Cooperative Education Association
- Texas College English Association
- Texas Community Education Association
- Texas Computer Education Association
- Thermal Conversion Elemental Analyzer (spectrometry)
- Traffic Concurrency Exemption Area
- Training Center for Experimental Aerodynamics (NATO)
- Transcervical Endometrial Ablation (gynecology)
- Transmit Clock Ext A
- Tri-Cities Enterprise Association
- Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act (UK)
- Tucker County Education Association (West Virginia)
- Tallinn City Enterprise Board (Estonia)
- Thailand Convention Exhibition Bureau
- Triangle Coalition Electronic Bulletin (newsletter; Triangle Coalition for Science and Technology Education; Arlington, VA)
- Truncated Cone Enclosed Base (ammunition)
- Tissue Convective Energy Balance Equation
- Texas Council of Engineering Companies (Austin, TX)
- Travis County Expo Center (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Only eight of Florida's 67 counties meet the definition of "dense urban land area" (DULA), (1) and two of those (Broward and Miami-Dade) are exempt from the legislatively designated transportation concurrency exception areas (TCEAs).
To qualify for such an exemption, the urban service area must be within a transportation concurrency exception area that includes lands appropriate for compact, contiguous urban development, which does not exceed the amount of land needed to accommodate the projected population growth at densities consistent with the comprehensive plan.