WASHINGTON, June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The governments of the United States of America and the French Republic have agreed to establish a Transoceanic Abort Landing (TAL) site for NASA's Space Shuttle at Istres Air Base 125, in the South of France.
What does TAL stand for?
TAL stands for Transoceanic Abort Landing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TAL
We have 106 other meanings of TAL in our Acronym Attic
- Tower Australia Limited (life insurance)
- Townsend Analytics Ltd. (Chicago, IL)
- Train-A-Lift Ltd (UK)
- Training Aids Librarian
- Traitement Automatiques des Langues (French: Language Processing)
- Transaction Application Language
- Transatlantic Abort Landing
- Transcription Activator-Like (proteins)
- Transition to Adult Living (various organizations)
- Transitional Administrative Law (interim constitution of Iraq Feb. 29, 2004)
- Transporter Air Lock
- Trattamento Automatico Della Lingua (Italian: Natural Language Processing)
- Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory (University of Florida)
- Trust Anchor Locator (Internet)
- Typed Assembly Language
- Talis Qualis (Just As They Come)
- Take A Look Around (Limp Bizkit's song)
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts (Houston, TX)
- Texas Adolescent Literacy Academy
- Texas Assisted Living Association (San Antonio, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One week prior to launch, approximately 30 Air Force members deploy to the transoceanic abort landing sites around the world.
The company also provides services to the United Space Alliance under an M&O contract with NASA, which is responsible for operating the Transoceanic Abort Landing (TAL) sites for every NASA shuttle mission.