22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- JDSU today announced that it has created the world's smallest widely tunable transmitter optical subassembly (TOSA) for the dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) transceiver market.
What does TOSA stand for?
TOSA stands for Transmitter Optical Subassembly (fiber-optics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TOSA
We have 12 other meanings of TOSA in our Acronym Attic
- Tactical Operations System (Corps)
- Tactical Operations System (Division)
- Tactical Operations System for Corps and Subordinate Echelons
- Teacher on Special Assignment
- Technical Operations Support Activity
- Temple of Self-Ascension
- Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (Austin, TX)
- Tidewater Officers' Spouses' Association
- Total-ship Open Systems Architecture
- Transmitter Optical Subassembly (fiber network engineering)
- Total-ship Open Systems Architecture Integrated Product Team
- Tassa Occupazione Suolo Aree Pubbliche (Italian tax on public ground and space occupation)
- To Serve and Protect
- Toshiba Scientific and Business Automatic Computer (Japan)
- Tactical Operations Systems Corps
- Tales of the Sword Coast (role-playing game)
- Technical and Operational Support Committee (European Patent Organisation)
- Technical Outreach Services for Communities
- Technical Outreach Support Centers
- Test and Operations Support Contract (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This transceiver leverages NEC's Planar Lightwave Circuit (PLC) technologies with AZNA's extended reach Chirp Managed Laser (CML) technology for a potentially low cost, compact transmitter optical subassembly (TOSA).
Definitions (1) TOSA -- Transmitter Optical Subassembly (2) ROSA -- Receiver Optical Subassembly (3) PIN photodiode -- A diode with a large intrinsic region sandwiched between P-doped and N-doped semiconducting regions.